A festive take on the French toast with a touch of brandy. Easy and delicious to make everyone happy on a Sunday morning.
By Vassia Simou
After a whole day of hiking at Box Hill, which by the way was an amazing experience, all I could think of was a relaxing bath and the breakfast I would cook the next morning… Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and there is nothing better than a nutritious meal after a full on day!
My pick? A festive take on the beloved French toast. And by festive, I mean boozy! You don’t need to get drunk… Just add a few tablespoons of brandy cream in the eggs and it will do the trick! And as for toppings, take your pick: bacon and maple syrup if calories don’t mean a thing for you or vanilla yogurt and honey as a lighter option.
I won’t tire you with further blabber. I will just give you the recipe and I am sure you will make everyone happy on a Sunday morning!
- bread (I prefer thick slices)
- eggs (1 for each slice of bread)
- milk (1 tbsp for each egg)
- 2 heaped tbsp brandy cream ( I used this portion for 3 slices of bread)
- Greek yogurt
- vanilla sugar
- good quality honey
- Beat the eggs with the milk and the brandy cream. Tip in the mixture the bread (one slice at a time). Allow 2 minutes on each side. The bread needs to absorb the mixture.
- Place a large pan on the stove with some olive oil (just enough to cover it) and heat. Place the bread in the pan and fry for about 4 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown.
- In the meantime mix the yogurt with the vanilla sugar.
- Serve warm with the yogurt on the side and honey on top.