Everything about this salad is hot weather-friendly. All of the ingredients are ready to use – no prepping, washing or cooking required.
By Natalie Rose
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 canned low-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ small red onion, slivered and rinsed
- one box pre-washed mixed greens
- ¼ cup roughly chopped feta, French is best
- ¼ cup loosely packed, roughly torn parsley leaves
- Chop garlic very finely. Sprinkle half of salt over garlic and mash salt and garlic together with the side of your knife, making it into a paste. Add garlic, Dijon, balsamic, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- In a large bowl, add salad ingredients and toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over greens, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.