Quinoa, this ancient seed is rich in protein, fiber, Riboflavin (b 2), iron, magnesium, and it is gluten free.
By Sawsan Abu Farha
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped and packed
- Rinse the quinoa well.
- Cook it according to package instructions: add 2 cups water to 1 cup washed quinoa, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 18-20 minutes
- In a large bowl, add beans, corn,tomatoes, cilantro,olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Stir together, then fold in quinoa.