This tastes gorgeous. You know the best part? You don’t have to reach for the stars in terms of preparation or ingredients in order to make them.
By Suchitra Vaidyaram
I baked these cupcakes and they were such a hit with my friends – the recipe is definitely a keeper. It took me a couple of attempts to get this correct, but yes, it tastes gorgeous. You know the best part? you don’t have to reach for the stars in terms of preparation or ingredients.
- 85 gm self raising flour
- 55 gm butter
- 55 gm castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 55 gm plain chocolate
- white chocolate 55 gm (for decoration)
- *Instead of using a self raising flour, I used 85 gm plain flour and 1tsp baking powder*
- *If you don't get a large egg- 2 small ones can be used*
- Place the flour, butter, sugar, egg and cocoa powder in a large bowl and beat together till it is smooth
- Spoon half the mixture in cup cake paper cases.
- With a small spoon make an indentation in middle and place piece of plain chocolate
- Spoon remaining cake mixture on top (till it fills up ¾th space of the cup cake case)
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until they are well risen and springy to touch.
- For decoration-
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl and with a teaspoon gently drizzle it on top of your cup cake!