Cucumber Mojito and Green Tea Sorbet
- 5 cups (1200 ml) prepared tea, chilled
- 1 cup (240 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 cups (480 ml) evaporated cane juice, or raw sugar
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) lime zest, divided
- 4–5 large apple mint leaves, torn
- 8–10 slices cucumber
- 2 Tbs (30 ml)white rum, optional
- A pinch of salt
- Ice cream maker
- Begin preparing a simple syrup by placing tea, sugar and half of the lime zest into a medium sized saucepan.
- Over medium heat, simmer this mixture until the sugar has completely melted.
- Remove from heat and all remaining ingredients except for rum and remaining lime zest. (These ingredients will be added at the very end).
- Allow this mixture to rest for 20 minutes then chill in refrigerator 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Once mixture has completely chilled, stain through a fine mesh sieve to remove all solids.
- Your mixture is now ready for your ice cream machine.
- Follow your machines manufacturer instructions for sorbet.
- The mixture will typically reach desired consistency in about 20 min.
- Once you have reached desired consistency, add remaining lime zest and rum until incorporated.
The prep time includes 4 hours to chill your tea mixture, for best results though prepare the day ahead.
The cook time includes both simmering of your mixture and ice cream churn time.
If you are not able to find the cucumber mojito tea, you can come close to the flavors by using a green ice tea and increasing the amounts of cucumber, mint and lime zest.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 25 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins