Ricotta Oat Pancakes – Hearty pancakes topped with a creamy lemon sauce and fresh pomegranate. Gluten Free!
- 100g (3.5 ounces) oat flour (check it’s gluten free if required)
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free if required)
- 200g (7 ounces) ricotta
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 3 eggs
- 50g (1.7 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 5 tbsp. double/heavy cream
- 1 pomegranate, fleshy seeds only
- Put your oven on a very low temperate to keep the pancakes warm once cooked.
- Next, make your pancake mix. Mix the oat flour with the baking powder, then add in the ricotta, eggs and salt. Mix together using a whisk until combined. It will be a thick mixture. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot, and then ladle blobs of pancake mix into the pan (about the diameter of a crumpet). You’re looking to get 8 pancakes out of the mix. You may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of your pan. Turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 2 minutes. The pancakes should be starting to look firmer at the sides, so you’re able to turn them over with a spatula. Turn the pancakes over and leave to cook for another 1-2 minutes until they’re light brown. Place the pancakes on a tray and cover with a little baking parchment and place in a very low oven to keep warm whilst you make the lemon sauce.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, mix together the eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and 3 tbsp. of the cream. Heat slowly whilst stirring with a whisk all the time. After about 6-7 minutes of stirring, the sauce will start to thicken. Keep stirring, until the sauce is the thickness of custard, then turn off the heat. Add in the remaining 2 tbsp. of cream and stir in. If you find you have any lumps in the sauce, you can strain it through a sieve.
- Divide the pancakes between 4 plates and spoon the lemon cream on top. Sprinkle on the pomegranate and serve.
- Category: Breakfast