Despite being sweet and rich this drink is very low in calories.
- Cubed Pumpkin pieces- 2 cups
- Cinnamon- 1″ stick
- Star anise- 1
- Apple juice- 250ml
- Orange juice- 150ml
- Honey- 1-1/2tbsp
- Sugar- 2tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2tsp for garnish
- In a thick bottomed vessel, combine the pumpkin pieces along with cinnamon, cloves, and star anise. Add one cup of water and cook on low flame till completely tender. Take off the heat, discard the spices and set aside to cool completely.
- In a blender jar, combine the cooked pumpkin, along with the apple juice, orange juice, honey and sugar and blend till completely smooth.
- Pour the juice in individual glasses, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top and serve immediately.
I personally like this drink with a thick smoothie like consistency. But if you prefer the juice to be a little thinner, then you can increase the quantity of the apple juice or orange juice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins