This is better than anything you will find in the store. We guarantee you will fall in love all over again with this cream, rich homemade chocolate hazelnut butter.
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil (can also use vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Position rack in the center.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until skins have browned and begin to crack.
- Wrap hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and rub together to remove the skins. Another method is to place the hazelnuts in a bowl; cover with another bowl and shake.
- Add warm skinless hazelnuts to a food processor and process on low speed until creamy and smooth (about 10 minutes). You will need to scrape down the sides of your bowl every few minutes or so.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into jars.
- It can be kept at room temperature or refrigerated for one month. Please note that the spread will harden once refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Nut Butter