Easy island salad from Hamakua Heritage Farm grown on the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island in Hawaii.
- 24 ounces washed and cut romaine lettuce
- 8 slices mango
- 4 pieces tomato wedges
- 8 slices cucumber
2 cups mushroom poke:
- 2 cups Hamakua mushrooms- any type cut into bite sized pcs.
- 1/2 teasp. sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
1/2 cup pickled ginger vinaigrette:
- 3 tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tblsp minced pickled ginger
- 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make the mushroom poke first and let sit.
- Lay down the lettuce on four chilled plates.
- Top with mango, tomato wedges and cucumber in a pleasing design.
- Spoon on a mound of the poke on each.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salad or side dish
- Cuisine: Local Hawaii