These aren’t your usual chicken and waffles. They’re stacked tall and served with savory brie cheese and sweet raspberry preserves.
- 1 batch favorite waffles (I used a box mix to make 10 small waffles)
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz brie cheese rind removed
- 1/4 cup Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves
- Place butter milk and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Place chicken into mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and bread crumbs.
- Place vegetable oil in skillet (you will want to fill it until it about 1 inch deep). Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Remove chicken strips from buttermilk and then dip into flour mixture to coat fully.
- Fry chicken tenders in oil (about 4 minutes on each side) until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Place on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Make waffles. I used a box mix to make about 10 small waffles. Set aside.
- Make cheese sauce. Add olive oil and butter to a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Add flour and mix well. Slowly add milk while continuously stirring.
- Add in brie cheese and stir until fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Plate your dish. Place waffles down then chicken tenders. Top with brie sauce and a heaping spoonful of raspberry preserves.
- Category: Breakfast