Sweet, savory, decadent and topped with strawberry-glazed bacon, this is no ordinary breakfast sandwich.
Strawberry Glazed Bacon:
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Strawberry Preserves
Egg, Brie and Arugula Breakfast Sandwich:
- 2 Sandwich Rolls
- 2 oz Brie
- 2 oz Arugula
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil (I like grape seed oil)
- 2 Eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make glaze by whisking together black pepper, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and preserves.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Top with an oven-safe cooling rack and spread bacon out on rack. Transfer bacon to oven and bake until nearly crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When bacon is nearly finished, remove from oven and brush with glaze. Return to oven and continue baking until crisp and caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- While bacon finishes, slice sandwich rolls in half. Place rolls, cut-side up on a second sheet pan. Spread one side of each roll with brie and toast in the oven until brie is melted and roll is golden brown.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet. Crack eggs into heated oil and fry until cooked to your liking (I like them sunny-side up).
- Assemble sandwiches by topping the melted brie side of the sandwich roll with bacon, arugula and a fried egg.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast