Serve this hearty, vegetarian stew over quinoa on cool fall day. Curry and pepper flakes bring heat to yams and pumpkins and this an exciting peanut soup.
- Olive oil to drizzle your Dutch Oven
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 yam or sweet potato, diced
- 1 – 28 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, crushed
- 1 small can of pumpkin (16 oz)
- 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter (I recommend organic)
- 3 tablespoons of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of beans – I used black but kidney or chickpeas would also work Salt and pepper
- Garnish: Fresh cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts
- Place your Dutch oven over medium heat and drizzle about a tablespoon or more of some olive oil in your pan. Heat up and then add your chopped onions, carrots, potato and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Then add your tomatoes, pumpkin, peanut butter and liquid aminos or soy. Give a good stir and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Then add the spices, broth and beans. Reduce the heat and cover. I let this cook anywhere from 1-4 hours stirring occasionally. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary. Serve immediately with your choice of garnishes.