Raw, vegan and full of chocolate? How can this happen? Does this mean this is a healthy, sweet, very chocolate-y experience? Yes!
- For the base
- 3,52 oz (100 g) almonds
- 2,47 oz (70 g) dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- For the filling
- 1 and 1/2 medium sized ripe avocados
- 2,47 oz (70 g) raw cocoa powder
- 1,76 oz (50 g) coconut oil
- 3,52 oz (100 g) coconut flower sugar (you can substitute with raw cane sugar)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- If you have time soak the almonds for at least 6 hours then drain and dehydrate them (The soaking releases the enzyme inhibitors and makes them easier to digest.). In a food processor blend the almonds. Add dates and salt and blend until you get a ‘dough’ or until the mixture forms a ball (if it’s too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil to the dough).
- Line the spring form pan with cling film and press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Place it in the freezer to harden until you make the ganache.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a food processor then blend everything until smooth. Pour the ganache over the base. Set in the freezer for 1 hour (it should be firm enough to slice up). If you’re impatient you can take out after 45 minutes freezing. :)
- Prep Time: 80 mins