- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease and flour a jelly roll pan (or cooking pan)
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended and pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until golden, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Turn Your Bread into an Ice Cream Sandwich:
Once the bread has cooled, put it in the freezer until it is firm.
Un-mold the bread from the freezer and carefully slice in in half.
Using an offset spatula, spread 1.5 qt. of caramel ice cream over one half of pumpkin bread.
Place the remaining half on top of the ice cream to create a sandwich.
Return to the freezer and slice into individual portions once the ice-cream has become very solid.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins