Here’s how to make the favorite appetizer, pickle chips, but this time without the mess of frying. Fire up your ovens!
- olive oil spray or cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 –3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (divided)
- 1 cup dill pickle chips (well-drained)
- dipping sauce (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 450?. Spray a sheet pan (I use a quarter sheet pan) with cooking spray or olive oil spray (I use olive oil in my Misto).
- Place the flour, eggs, and panko crumbs in separate bowls. Divide the salt among the bowls then divide the cayenne pepper and the black pepper among the flour and the panko crumbs. Stir each bowl to combine.
- Dredge the pickle chips in the flour, then the eggs, then the panko. Place the breaded pickles on the prepared sheet pan and spray with olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Bake the pickles for 8 minutes, then flip each pickle and bake for another 7-8 minutes, until crisp and brown. Serve while hot with desired dipping sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer