These hard and dense crackers have a beautiful deep chickpea flavor as they are made from whole chickpeas. Serve them with a spicy dip, cream cheese or sweet jam/jelly!
- 250 grams of dry chickpeas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Soak dry chickpeas in water for 5-6 hours or overnight. Cook them with a pinch of salt till soft.
- Drain all the water and mash the chickpeas well by hand or in a food processor.
- Add the thyme and salt and mix well.
- Now add the whole wheat flour little by little, enough to make hard dough. I used almost a cup.
- Roll the dough between two cling films as thin as possible and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degree C for 25 to 30 minutes till golden and crisp.