Once you have one bite, you’ll want to serve this chickpea salad with herbs and vegetables all summer long.
- 3 cups of chickpeas (canned or freshly cooked – drained/rinsed)
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves (torn up)
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 of red onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Cook your dried chickpeas or drain and rinse canned beans. Chop and prep your other ingredients.
- To build the salad – add the garlic, Dijon, olive oil, salt and pepper to the base of the bowl. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss the salad well to coat. Taste and adjust the salt as needed. Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving and up to one week to develop the flavors. Serve straight from the fridge or at room temperature.
- Category: Side