Based on the cocktail, the mojito salmon is doused in lime juice and sprinkled with a bit of rum and mint. To add a pop of flavor, three different peppers are used to marinate the seafood.
For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 6 pods of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 lime or lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds of salmon, cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped mint leaves
- Mix the rum, coconut cream, garlic, jalapeno pepper, salt, poblano pepper, red bell pepper, shallots, cilantro, mint and stir thoroughly.
- Cut the lime or lemon, remove the seeds and squeeze in the juice and add the olive oil.
- Place in a large zip lock bag, add in the salmon pieces and refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, place the salmon on a baking dish and bake for 8 minutes, broil on low for another 3 to 4 minutes until the salmon is lightly crisped around the edges.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped mint leaves and serve.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Seafood