A sweet and savory fig crostini with jalapeño jam and caramelized shallots that tantalizes your tastebuds.
- 1/2 baguette
- 6 figs, quartered
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Labne yogurt cheese
- 1/2 cup jalapeño jelly
- 1/3 cup Manchego cheese, shredded
- Garnish: cilantro leaves, parsley, or arugula and fresh figs
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat, add shallots and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Slice baguette on the diagonal, about 1/2 inch thick. Brush with olive oil or butter. Broil or toast to brown. If broiling in oven, watch carefully, they can burn quickly.
- Place toasted baguette slices on a baking sheet. Spread each piece with Labne, top with jalapeño cheese and a fig quarter. Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler until cheese melts. Watch closely.
- Garnish with cilantro, parsley or arugula and figs. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Spanish