Leftover steak from your backyard barbecue can be doctored up and quickly turned into a gourmet steak sandwich on a lazy Sunday.
- leftover steak
- ciabatta bread, sliced
- swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 pint button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 1–2 tbsp. freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- lettuce, chopped for topping
- on a lined baking sheet, put your leftover steak under the broiler on hi until it’s sizzling, around 2 minutes. remember, these are leftovers and already cooked to your doneness preference, so make sure you don’t overcook it on the reheat!
- slice steak and set aside for sandwich assembly.
horseradish chive cream sauce:
- if using the root, peel outer layer so white root shows. using a zester or fine grater, grate root until you have roughly 1-2 tablespoons of fresh horseradish. whisk together greek yogurt, horseradish, dijon, chives, lemon, salt & pepper. now remember, taste it to see if you need any more s&p or kick it up a notch with more horseradish. note, if you can’t find horseradish root, you can use the prepared kind in a jar but tasting is key here… the jarred stuff is less potent, so you’ll want to add extra to your spice preference.
- Category: Main