Love when a simple, basic meal can be tweaked to make a whole new delicious something? This grilled cheese sandwich is one of them.
- Half an avocado (sliced)
- Lime slice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 bread slices
- Gouda (4-5 slices, or enough to cover both sides of sandwich)
- Tomato slices
- Onion slices
- After slicing the avocados, dress them up with with a squeeze of lime, salt, and pepper.
- Next, in a skillet over medium low heat, butter each piece of bread and lay them on the warm skillet. Warm each side up for about 2 minutes, or until the butter has seeped into the bread. Now lay the cheese slices evenly on both sides of the bread and let them warm up until they start to look a little sweaty. If you can, loosely cover the skillet to speed up the process.
- Spread the avocado slices evenly on one side of the sandwich, then the tomatoes and the onions. Season gently with salt and pepper. Close the sandwich and continue to grill each side until the bread is brown and cheese is melted – this will take approximately 7-10 minutes. Be patient.
- Once everything is melted and gooey, transfer to a plate and enjoy this wonderful creation.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Main
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled cheese, cheese, gouda, sandwich, comfort food, avocado, guacamole, american food