Paired with a light farmhouse ale, this grilled eggplant dish with a mustard sauce is a perfect summer side.
- 2 medium-sized eggplant, top removed and sliced lengthwise
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup micro greens
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-hight heat. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides. Season generously with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the whole grain mustard, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard and a dash of salt and black pepper until combined. Whisk in the olive oil until fully incorporated and then stir in the fresh parsley and thyme. Adjust seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- When your grill or grill pan is hot, add the eggplant and grill for about 5 minutes before flipping and grilling for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle the eggplant with the mustard vinaigrette and garnish with fresh micro greens. Enjoy immediately!
- Category: Side