- 1 French baguette (cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple (peeled and cut into small dice)
- 4 tablespoons chopped toasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat. Add the tea bag and steep for 3 minutes. Remove the bag and let cool.
- Places bread slices on a sheet tray. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle very lightly with salt and pepper. Bake in a 350 degree oven until slightly crispy. Remove and let cool. Spread with some goat cheese and top with some apple, ginger, pistachios and drizzle with some of the syrup.