A comforting dish, this easy paneer bhurji is a perfect vegetarian sandwich filling and delicious served with roti.
- 2 tbsp oil or butter (used 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 block of paneer crumbled (400 gms)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2–3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2–3 garlic cloves minced (or 1 tsp garlic paste)
- 1 inch ginger piece grated (or 1 tsp ginger paste)
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garam masala (or to taste)
- juice of half lemon (or to taste)
- handful of coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cooking vessel heat oil and butter. Once hot and butter has melted add the cumin seeds. When they splutter add onions and sauté. Cook till they just turn translucent and then add the green chillies, ginger and garlic. Cook till the onions turn completely translucent and raw garlic smell disappears. (don’t brown the onions). Now add tomatoes, salt,pepper and turmeric powder. Cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Next add the chili powder and garam masala. Cook the masala for 2 mins then add crumbled paneer and mix well. Cook for 2-5 mins and then add the lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- That’s it, our spicy and easy Paneer Bhurji is ready. Serve it hot with some freshly made Chapati (Indian flatbread) or bread. Enjoy!!
- Category: Main, Side
- Cuisine: Indian