Try these devilishly delicious dark chocolate-dipped apricots.
- ½ c. dark or bittersweet chocolate chips (or equivalent chopped chocolate)
- 36 dried apricots
- ~¼ c. finely chopped SALTED pistachios
- Line a baking tray with wax paper (or parchment).
- Place the chocolate in a small glass bowl and microwave for about a minute. Stir with a heat-proof spatula. If not melted all the way, heat in 15 second intervals until smooth.
- Dip the apricot (halfway to three-quarters of the way) into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle or gently dip one side into the chopped pistachios, then set on wax paper, nut side down; sprinkle pistachios on top. Repeat with all of the apricots.
- If you like, slide the tray into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so – the chocolate will harden quickly this way.
Once the chocolate has set, these can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you want a thicker coating of chocolate, slide into the fridge after the first dip (leaving off the nuts). Once hardened, dip into the chocolate another time and then finish as written. And yes, you will probably need more chocolate than listed if you do this.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins