Crêpe recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour. Because there is no dairy in the crêpe batter, they will come out a little lighter in color than dairy crêpes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups dairy free milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil or margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped rainbow chard
- 1 cup Daiya Mozzarella Cutting Board Shreds
- Consider using broccoli rabe, kale, mushrooms, onions, garlic, or whatever is in in season as your filling
- Combine the dry ingredeints of the crêpe batter in a medium bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk the wet into dry and allow the batter to sit in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. (We used a 6″ nonstick skillet)
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and swirl the pan around so the batter covers the entire bottom. Let cook for about 2 to 3 minutes before flipping.
- Once all of the batter is cooked, heat olive oil in another pan. Add rainbow chard, salt and any other desired fillings and cook until done.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the Daiya shreds for about 30 seconds (this varies for every microwave). Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Heat your nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fill each crepe with the vegetable filling and cheese. Return to pan and fold the crêpe and allow to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Category: Appetizer, Side