Grilled portobello mushrooms are first marinated in a zest chimichurri and then served in a Bibb lettuce wrap with tomatoes and radishes. This is a easy summer meal that is light and refreshing.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and destemmed
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce
- ½ cup diced radishes
- 1 cup quartered sweet orange cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor, pulse the oregano, parsley, and garlic until finely minced. Add the red wine vinegar and crushed red pepper, pulse to combine. Scrape the contents of the food processor into a small bowl. Gently stir in the olive oil. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Divide the chimichurri among the four clean portobello mushrooms, pouring into the cap gill-side up.
- Spray the grates of a grill with canola oil cooking spray. Light the grill and pre-heat to medium-high.
- Place the marinated mushrooms in the center of the grill. Cook with the grill lid closed until mushrooms soften and are tender, about 7-10 minutes (no need to flip)
- Remove mushrooms from grill and let cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, remove individual lettuce leaves from the head of lettuce, setting aside the ones that tear or are super small.
- Slice the portobello mushrooms into small bite-sized pieces, Arrange in the center of each lettuce cup. Sprinkle diced radishes and quartered sweet orange cherry tomatoes over top each of the mushroom wraps. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegetarian