Easy and Delicious Blackened Fish Flatbread
- For the Fish:
- 1 lb of mild local fish
- Blackening Seasoning of Choice (we use Magic Redfish Blackening Seasoning)
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Canola Oil
- For the Simple Spicy Tartar Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Tartar Sauce
- 2–3 tsp of Lemon Juice
- Cayenne, Sriracha, and/or Blackening Seasoning to taste
- Flatbread (Near the deli at the grocery store)
- Chopped Lettuce
- Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Thinly Sliced Tomato
- Heat butter and canola oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper one side of fish and then coat with blackening spice to desired preference (we coat ours pretty well as we LOVE the heat).
- Place the fish, seasoned side down into the pan and quickly season the other side in the same way. Cook fish for roughly 3-4 minutes per side: 7-8 minutes in total (see above note regarding cooking times). Remove from skillet, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Heat flatbread in oven at 350° F until just warmed through (takes only a few minutes). Remove from oven and layer on the lettuce, tomato, red onion, and spicy tartar sauce to preference. Place fish filet on top, fold up the sides, and wrap one end in parchment paper or foil. Serve with a lemon wedge if desired.
- Note: The hubs says that the rule of thumb for cooking fish is roughly 1 minute per ounce. For instance, an 8 oz piece of fish will need about 4 minutes on each side (8 minutes total).
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins