- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup halved fresh blueberries
- Yield – glazes 6 donuts
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 2 %)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6 count donut pan with non-stick baking spray.
For the donuts:
- In a medium sized bowl whisk all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk milk, greek yogurt, egg, melted unsalted butter, and pure vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Place halved blueberries into a bowl and sprinkle with flour. (The flour avoids sinking)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Option 1: Spoon batter into donut cups.
- Option 2: Place batter in gallon sized ziploc bag and cut bottom tip off. Pipe the batter in each of the donut cups until 3/4 full.
- Bake donuts for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Allow donuts to cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove donuts from pan and place on cooling rack until almost completely cooled.
For the glaze:
- Place milk, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract, in a small sauce pan on low heat.
- Whisk ingredients until combined and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Glaze donuts with a pastry brush. Let glaze dry for a few minutes.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert