- One recipe White Bean Dip with Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes (link above)
- 12 pieces thin toasted bread or flatbread (see note)
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pieces (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (fennel fronds pictured, but parsley, basil, dill, chervil, etc. would be great)
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Spread a tablespoon or two of bean dip onto each toast. Slice tomatoes 1/4-inch thick and cut each slice in half. Line up the flat side of the tomato with one of the edges of the toast (if you’re into that sort of thing). Garnish each piece with a bit of sun-dried tomato, herbs and pine nuts and sprinkle with flaky salt. Serve immediately.
I used Eli’s Health Crisps, which are delicious and easy to keep in the pantry for last-minute entertaining. For reference, each one is about 3 inches x 2 inches. You can use sliced, toasted baguette or any crispbread that you like.
For this purpose, I really prefer soft sun-dried tomatoes in a resealable bag, such as Trader Joe’s Julienne Cut California Sun Dried Tomatoes. They’re easy to work with and nice and tender.
- Category: Appetizer