Celebrate the start of spring with this bright tasting strawberry-lime spiced rum Moscow mule.
For the strawberry-lime simple syrup:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1–2 limes
For the Moscow mule:
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 oz strawberry-lime simple syrup
- 2 oz Don Q Oak Barrel Spiced Rum
- Juice of 1 lime
- Ginger beer (to top)
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar and water over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Turn the heat down to low and add the strawberries. Cook for about 10 minutes. At the end, add the juice of 1-2 limes. Set aside to cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Moscow mule, muddle the mint leaves and strawberry-lime simple syrup in the bottom of a glass to release the flavors of the mint. Add ice, and then pour in the vodka, lime juice, and top with the ginger beer. Stir well and serve immediately.
- Category: Cocktail