Chef Marco Barbisotti from Restaurant Sant Ambroeus creates a delicious black ink spaghetti carbonara with braised leeks, pancetta and poached egg.[tasty-recipe id="218720"]
- 1 lb. Black ink spaghetti
- 1/2 pound of smoky bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Leeks
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Organic eggs
- 5 tablespoons of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons Pecorino cheese
- To begin, clean and cut the leeks (Note: only use white and light green parts of the leeks) in a matchsticks (Julienne). Separately, cut smoky bacon in a medium dice. Render pancetta and add leeks. Then, salt and pepper before sautéing slightly.
- To build the pasta sauce, add vegetable broth to the pancetta and leeks, and cook for a few minutes. When the sauce is ready, add cold cubed butter (one piece at a time) and then swirl the sauté pan to emulsify the sauce.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil. Then, add a generous amount of salt and the spaghetti. Cook until the pasta is al dente, then drain. After this, reserve 2 cups of the pasta water for later use.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, stir and then add pecorino cheese. Sauté over high heat for a minute to melt the flavors, thinning out the sauce as needed with some of the reserved pasta cooking water.
- For the poached egg, bring the water to a slow simmer than add 1 tea spoon of white vinegar add carefully place an egg in the water for 2 minutes. Place the egg on top of the spaghetti Carbonara, add some extra virgin olive oil, fresh pepper and buon appetite!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main, Primi
- Method: braising
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian food, pasta, squid ink, carbonara, new york, chefs