This spicy tahini chicken stir-fry is served with ramen noodles and topped with peanuts and pomegranate arils for great crunch. A quick meal that will satisfy.
- 1 pound broccoli flowerets
- 2 cups mixed spring greens or spinach
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (I typically use peanut)
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken (breast or thigh), cut into bite-size pieces)
- 4 squares (280g brown rice ramen (udon noodles or regular ramen work as well))
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 – 2 teaspoons sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 pomegranate (arils (seeds) removed)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (chopped)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes (you’re just wanting to soften them, not fully cook). Drain and rinse with cold water to help them stay firm when added to the stir-fry later. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, sriracha, brown sugar, and tahini. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir broccoli stems in hot oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok; set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok or skillet along with the chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Scoot the chicken to the sides of wok. Stir sauce again and pour into center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Now add the broccoli back in and the greens and stir 1 minute more or until heated through. Toss in the noodles and use two large spoons or spatulas to combine everything. If desired, garnish with pom arils and chopped peanuts and serve with additional soy sauce.
I used brown rice ramen for this but you can simply use regular or another similar Asian noodle like udon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main