If you are feeling blue about the lack of produce in winter, enjoy these basic roasted carrots with a delicious sauce to accompany and brighten the mood.
- 1.5 lbs carrots, ish, scrubbed clean, ends trimmed if you prefer
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- Lots of coarse salt
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with either a silpat or parchment paper.
- Spread the carrots over the sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss lightly to coat and then spread out evenly. Season liberally with coarse salt. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the skin shows a little wrinkling.
- Move carrots to a serving platter or plate. Stir together yogurt, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. fresh dill. Top the carrots with the yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with remaining dill, a little more coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Category: Side