This simple and flavorful romesco sauce can be whipped up in minutes while the fingerling potatoes are roasting. Enjoy as a hearty side dish topped with hazelnuts and fresh herbs.
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- generous pinch salt and cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (from a jar or can)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (more to taste)
- Fresh herbs for garnish- thyme or Italian Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl .
- Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and roast in the hot oven 30 minutes or until fork tender and golden.
- Place all romesco ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well combined, but not too smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and spiciness.
- When potatoes are done, toss a few tablespoons of romesco sauce with the warm potatoes and plae in a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh herbs
- Save remaining romesco sauce in a jar and cover with a layer of oilive oil. Cover and store in the fridge for another use.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: side dish, spanish, spain, potatoes, romesco, peppers, almonds, nuts, hazelnuts, sauce, tapas