Perfect for lunch leftovers, pulled pork gyros are a delicious rendition of the original wrap. The key is making your own tzatziki sauce ahead of time.
- 2 lb pork loin or pork roast
- 1 batch Homemade Greek Seasoning Blend (click link for recipe)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 1 batch Homemade Greek Tzatziki Sauce (click link for recipe)
- Sliced red onions, tomatoes, red cabbage for topping
- Add the onions, garlic and pork in the slow cooker. Add the Homemade Greek Seasoning Blend and pour the water over. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours, turning the roast over halfway into the cooking process. Shred the pork on a plate with two forks. Return it to the slow cooker and simmer for a few more minutes to allow the juices to absorb into the shredded meat. Add more Homemade Greek Seasoning if desired (if adding more, cook the shredded pork for a few more minutes).
- Serve on warmed flat bread or in pita pockets with the tzatziki sauce and accompaniments.
Preparation time excludes the time to make the seasoning and tzatziki sauce, both of which are quick and can be made well in advance.
The pulled pork can also be made in advance and will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Main