- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 leek, white part only, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced, rinsed in a large bowl to remove grit
- 1 bulb fennel, tough outer parts removed, chopped into 1/4 inch dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 l) turkey stock, bring to a boil before using
- 1 pound (0.5 kg) turkey meat, coarsely chopped
- 2–3 cups (150-200g) stuffing
- Any leftover roasted vegetables, cut into bite sized pieces
- Any leftover gravy
- 1/4 cup (60g) dijon mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the celery, carrots, onion, leek and fennel. Saute until softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the hot turkey stock, and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the turkey meat, stuffing, roasted vegetables, gravy and dijon mustard. Simmer until heated through, season with salt, pepper and additional mustard if desired, and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins