Refresh with a scoop of this easy, two-ingredient spring strawberry sorbet that pairs perfectly with a glass of Pinot Grigio on the back porch.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (unsweetened*)
- 1–2 tablespoons liquid sweetener agave or maple syrup**
- Blend the frozen strawberries with 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup. Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and smooth top with a spoon. Cover securely and freeze for 1-2 hours. Do not over-freeze. If you don’t over-blend and you use frozen strawberries right out of the freezer you might be able to enjoy immediately. For perfectly round scoops you will want to freeze a little bit.
* If you are using a high speed blender then put the strawberries in straight from the freezer. I have a Vitamix and using the tamper on the highest speed works well. You don’t want to over-mix or it will become liquid. If you are using a regular blender then you might want to allow the strawberries to thaw out for 5-10 minutes at room temperature before blending.
** I prefer 1 tablespoon but you may want it sweeter.
- Category: Dessert, Sorbet