A Spanish Tortilla Omelet Made Simple. Baked and Simply Scrumptious!
- 4–5 medium potatoes, sliced in rounds
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375F. In an ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan, gently bring to heat a 1/2 cup of olive oil. Once the oil has been brought to heat, add the sliced potatoes and onion. Stir until mixed. Cover and sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes. You’ll want the potatoes and onions to be softened and not too browned.
- Once softened, turn off the heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the 6 large eggs. Pour the eggs over the potato and onion mixture, and mix through.
- Place the skillet or cast iron pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Spanish