These crab cakes are soft, flavorful and served with a sweet and savory mango salsa that pairs perfectly with a glass of Beaujolais white wine.
- 1/2 Pound Lump Blue Crabmeat
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion – thinly chopped
- 1/4 Medium Green Bell Pepper – thinly chopped
- 1/2 Small Jalapeño – thinly chopped – optional
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Large Egg – whisked
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more as needed
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- 4 Tbsp Tartar Sauce – in a small ziploc bag
- 1/2 Ripe Mango – chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno – chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion – chopped
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- Salt – as per taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Gently, form into patties and arrange on a parchment lined plate.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 3 tbsp oil.
- Add patties and cook, rotating and flipping occasionally until evenly browned and crispy on both sides (takes about 10-12 minutes). Lower heat at any point to prevent burning, and add more oil or butter as needed if pan goes dry.
- Transfer the cooked crab cakes to serving plate.
- Now take the ziploc bag (filled with tartar sauce) and snip it on one end.
- Pipe the tartar sauce over the crabcake.
Make the Mango Salsa:
- Combine all the ingredient in a bowl and stir evenly.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Place the mango salsa bowl along with the crabcakes and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main