This Italian Sub Bruschetta has all the flavors of your favorite sub sandwich. Perfect for appetizers, tailgating or a fun dinner at home.
- ½ lb. boiled ham (chopped into a small dice)
- ¼ lb. capicola (chopped into a small dice)
- ¼ lb. salami (chopped into a small dice)
- ¼ lb. provolone (chopped into a small dice)
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1 j16 oz. jar hot pepper rings (diced small)
- ¼–1/2 cup diced red onion (depending on your taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- pinch sugar
- 1 Italian baguette (sliced and toasted)
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Add all the ham, capicola, salami, provolone, tomatoes, peppers and onion to a large bowl.
- Whisk the oregano, olive oil, vinegar, sugar salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the meat, cheese and peppers.
- Mix well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, place the shredded lettuce on top of a piece of bread and top with the sub filling.
- You can get all the meats and cheese for this recipe right at the deli counter. Just have them slice the meat and cheese thicker than normal so that it’s easier to dice up.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, finger food, party food, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American-Italian, Italian
Keywords: antipasto, appetizer, baking, bread, bruschetta, finger food, football, italian, party food, sports, super bowl, tailgating