Discover the delight of homemade Amaretti cookies. Originating from Italy, these golden treasures offer a deep almond flavor, a crunchy exterior, and a chewy interior.
- 350 g (3 cups) almond flour
- 350 g (1 1/2 cup) sugar
- 150 g (4 large) egg whites
- 40 ml (3 tbsp) amaretto liquor (or to taste)
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Preheat Your Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 350F. This ensures your oven is hot enough for the cookies to bake evenly and correctly.
- Whip Egg Whites: Using a mixer, beat the egg whites until they form firm peaks. This is an essential step in achieving the light, airy texture characteristic of amaretti cookies.
- Combine Ingredients: Now, carefully fold in the sugar and almond flour to the whipped egg whites. Add the amaretto liquor at this stage. Don’t worry if your egg whites deflate a bit – they’re supposed to.
- Prepare Your Baking Sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and give it a quick spray with non-stick cooking spray. This helps prevent the cookies from sticking.
- Shape Your Cookies: With a piping bag or a teaspoon, place mounds of dough on your prepared baking sheet. Be sure to leave enough space between each mound for the cookies to spread while baking. For an extra touch of sweetness, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar.
- Bake: Place your cookies in the preheated oven and bake until golden brown. This should take about 15 minutes, but all ovens vary, so keep an eye on them.
- Enjoy: Allow your cookies to cool before enjoying them. These Italian treasures are perfect with a cup of coffee or as an after-dinner treat.
- Category: Baking