- 1½ cup orzo (dry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 sweet Italian pork sausages
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Cook orzo in a medium sized pot according to packaging instructions.
- In a large cast iron pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook sausage links until nicely browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer sausage to cutting board. Once cool, slice on a diagonal into large pieces.
- Meanwhile, add onions, carrots, and celery to pan (if pan is dry, add additional olive oil). Add in oregano, thyme, marjoram, and salt. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked orzo and raisins. Mix well and add in sausage links. Cook for 3-4 minutes more, until flavors blend together. Adjust seasoning to taste and top with parsley.
- Category: Main, Secondi
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired