Salty bite-sized briny treats to nibble alongside a cocktail.
- 2 cups pitted green olives, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or chili powder
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Set up your dredging station:
- plate of flour, 1 shallow bowl of the beaten egg, and 1 plate of breadcrumbs.
- Lightly dip the olives in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, making sure to cover all sides.
- Heat the canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, fry the olives until golden, about 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the olives to a plate covered with paper towel. Serve warm with aioli for dipping.
- Place the first five ingredients into a food processor and mix.
- While the mixer is running, slowly add the olive oil through the spout. The mixture will emulsify and become thicker as you add more oil.
- Once it reaches a thick consistency you’re set.
- Stir in the Tabasco sauce, chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins