Because figs have relatively high water content, they release a lot of juice as they cook, resulting in a moist, delicate crumb.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup black figs cut into eights
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line either an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Incorporate wet ingredient into dry ingredient mixture. Fold together until well blended.
- Add fig chunks into batter and gently fold in.
- Pour batter into baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes. To test for doneness, insert knife into cake and remove.
- When fully baked knife will come out clean.
- If using a different baking pan, such as a loaf pan, bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert