You will love the rich flavor of these easy vegan earl grey chocolate truffles that only require five ingredeints.
- 12 oz 1½ cups full-fat coconut milk
- 12 oz about 2 cups high quality dark chocolate, chopped (I used a gluten-free and vegan variety)
- 6 teabags earl grey tea
- 4 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk just until it’s about to boil.
- Remove from heat, add teabags to the coconut milk and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Squeeze tea bags to get any excess tea out of the bag and remove bags from the pot.
- Pour coconut milk over the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Let sit for 20-30 seconds.
- Using a whisk, whisk from the center to the outside (this helps to not splash the milk everywhere), until the mixture becomes a creamy chocolate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Take a tablespoon, melon baller, or cookie scoop and scoop out some of the hardened ganache.
- Quickly roll the chocolate into a ball (the heat from your hands will start to melt the chocolate so move fast.
- Set on parchment paper.
- Roll in the cocoa powder and sprinkle with loose earl grey tea if desired.Chill until firm. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Chocolate