Bright and spicy flavors fill a simple pasta dish wrapped together with creamy labneh and parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup dry pasta (I used quinoa, but you can go for the normal gluten-rich kind if you like!)
- 4 anchovies (the grey kind, not the fancy ones)
- 1 bunch radish tops, sliced into ribbons
- 4 radishes, sliced
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4–1/3 cup labneh
- olive oil (for cooking)
- extra virgin olive oil (for finishing)
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- parmesan, to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Wash and prepare mise en place for all ingredients.
- Heat a large pan and add a small amount of olive oil. (Better yet, if your anchovies were packed in oil, use that oil.)
- Once oil is warmed, add anchovies. Simultaneously add pasta to boiling water. (Set a timer for your pasta for 1 minute less than the box says it should cook).
- Once anchovies are heated through, break up into a paste. Add sliced radishes to pan and sauté.
- Once radishes are slightly translucent, add radish tops and lemon zest to pan. Sauté until radish tops are wilted.
- Remove pasta whenever necessary. Drain, retaining a small amount of pasta water. Drizzle with EVOO to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Once greens are wilted, add labneh to pan to create a sort of cream sauce. Once warmed through, add your pasta to the vegetables/sauce. Mix well, adding reserved pasta water as needed.
- Plate your pasta and finished with freshly cracked pepper and parmesan, to taste.
- Category: Main