Spicy clammy goodness, wrapped up in garlic, butter and hot red pepper flakes. Add two cups of wine, and you’ve got yourself dinner and a drink!
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 5 large cloves of fresh garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon heaping dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon heaping dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 36–50 fresh clams
- Prep fresh clams by placing them in cool tap water and adding ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Heat butter over skillet on medium high heat until melted. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add white wine and spices until simmering. Add clams and cover.
- Cook over medium heat until clams open, approximately 5-10 minutes until clams open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Serve in bowls and ladle broth over them!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main, Side
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: seafood, clams, steaming, chili, spicy, garlic, clam bake