Mushroom Chickpea Ragu:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 14- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14- ounce can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Goat Cheese Polenta:
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, rosemary and a large pinch of salt and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have released their liquid and most of it has evaporated.
- Pour in red wine, and scrape up any brown bits at the bottom. Cook until most of the wine has evaporated, then pour in the tomato sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and peas and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Keep warm while preparing polenta.
- Bring broth, milk, and salt to a low boil. Gradually whisk in polenta and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about five minutes until thickened. Stir in goat cheese and olive oil.
- Spoon polenta onto a plate, making a well in the middle with the back of a spoon. Spoon mushroom chickpea ragu into the center. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main