Nothing beats those big, chewy bakery style cookies – the kind you get in bags from the supermarket, 5 for £1. If you agree, then enjoy this recipe.
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 170g unsalted butter
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 300g of your chosen addition (chocolate, nuts, and dried fruit would all work well)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder together.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs, vanilla and milk together and then mix this into the butter and sugar until combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until all traces of flour are gone. Add your chocolate, nuts etc and mix until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter.
- Roll the batter into evenly sized balls – you should get about 18-20 from this amount of mixture. Put them on a greased, lined baking tray and press them down slightly.
- Put the cookies in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Leave to cool (if you can wait that long!) and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins